a non-profit affiliate of Global Underwater Explorers
GUE Seattle's Vision
Through community outreach programs and dedicated GUE based diver education, we will develop some of the world’s best divers, who can push the envelope in the exploration of historically and ecologically significant submerged resources in local WA State waters. Our exploration projects will have the goal of gathering consistent observational data and documenting the degradation or appreciation of our submerged resources over time. Through data analysis, we aim to drive policy changing efforts to conserve, protect and create public awareness for our local waters.
Our various projects have the goal of gathering consistent observational data and documenting the degradation or appreciation of our submerged resources over time. Through data analysis, we aim to drive policy-changing efforts to conserve, protect and create public awareness for our local waters.
Meet the 2021 board
Meet the GUE Seattle board members and advisors!
Each of these divers bring a unique skill set from their respective professional “surface careers” to the GUE Seattle organization. Collectively they form the board of GUE Seattle.
As a team, they all ultimately share the same vision and passion: The Research, Exploration and Conservation of our local Pacific Northwest waters.
Advisors to the Board
Kees Beemster Leverenz
We welcome new members to GUE Seattle, and we sincerely hope that you will consider joining us for some fun diving, fellowship, awesome project work, and exploration here in the greater Seattle area. As an official GUE affiliate, all members of GUE Seattle need to be current GUE members. While GUE training is required for exploration and project work dives, it is not required that you have GUE training to become a member of our affiliate organization.
Per IRS Publication 526, your membership dues for GUE Seattle are 100% tax deductible, as we are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
- In addition to being in good standing with GUE, we ask that all members contribute annual dues of $30, the first installment of which is payable at time of membership application. Full membership privileges include:
- Participating in group events and activities
- Participating in diving or in-water activities at the level of certification as established by GUE
- GUE Seattle logowear (varies by year)
- Voting privileges within the organization
- GUE instructors who are situated outside of the general Pacific Northwest Region may be granted honorary membership at the discretion of the board. Honorary membership allows instructors access to online resources, and should the instructor be able to participate in a project, they may do so in accordance with their GUE certification level. Instructors receiving honorary membership will not have voting privileges within the organization.
- To be considered for honorary membership, please email email@example.com.
Got Amazon Smile?
Need to reach us? Complete the contact form below and we will be in touch as soon as we’re out of the water.